Senor Frogs Open For Business

I went to the Senor Frogs VIP Party last night and it was a great time.

I’ve heard lots of rumblings from locals that they don’t like the balloon hats, whistles, dancing, food prices and free tequila shots etc.

Here’s a good example of what I personally think is lots of fun:

YouTube Preview Image

But St. Thomas is tough on newcomers. And Senor Frogs is WAY out of the comfort zone for a lot of locals. Here’s the thing, Senor Frogs is not going to change their brand for locals. Sure they’d love to have us and I will be a frequent visitor there but they really want the tourists. And the tourists don’t mind spending extra dollars on wings when they are entertained the way they are from the Frog. Oh and then there’s the pool parties…

So to all of the nay sayers who say “Chain restaurants don’t work here” like it’s a badge of honor I say just stop whining about it and don’t go if you don’t like it. And sure there have been chain restaurants that have failed here but we really don’t want them to, right?

Yes, we all know the slow season is coming and locals like myself will support/carry a lot of restaurants with our patronage. The Frog knows the slow season is coming as well as they are in many tourist areas. So if all the nonsense with the whistles and dancing is a chill kill then I say part friends and move along. But try and be nice (as long as they don’t mess it up) because honestly we need well run businesses down here that provide good jobs.

Senor Frogs, I have now visited you in Puerto Rico,  Cozumel, Cancun and St. Thomas. The food is always good and the bar is always fun.

Oh and Senor Frogs is NOT an advertiser on our blog.

1. March 6, 2011 @ 10:45 am

Alden & Flora Said,

Bad food (can’t you make your own beans and end using canned beans), small portions, crazy high prices. Three drinks, 2 appetizers and a bill for $83 dollars? We have better places to spend our money. On one positive note, well run, attentive staff, would have been more positive if 85% of the staff wasn’t imported from off island.

2. March 6, 2011 @ 11:43 am

BIG Kahuna Said,

I think the staff was imported so as to make sure the restaurant runs correctly from the get go, I think that’s a great idea. As far as the food goes the meal I had last night was good bar food, good steak fajitas and the chips and salsa was yummy for sure. The prices are what they are because it’s a Cruise Ship spot. When we have guests in to visit it will be a fun place to hang out by the pool and have fun and run up a big vacation bill.

3. March 7, 2011 @ 9:15 am

Margarita Said,

Not sure how long they’ll be offering this up, but make sure you let your server know you’re local – they will give you 20% off your bill. And there are plenty of local residents working there – definitely more than 15%…

4. March 8, 2011 @ 8:45 am

Pirate93 Said,

Where exactly are they located. Been Off Island to long to recognize the hill in the picture ???

5. March 8, 2011 @ 9:24 am

BIG Kahuna Said,

If you go in through the entrance where Mojo’s is and go all the way to the end turn left and then go to the end and they’re on the right. Next to the old Butterfly farm.

6. March 8, 2011 @ 1:55 pm

Andy Said,

1 jäger and 1 order wings $27! Seriously?

7. March 8, 2011 @ 2:10 pm

BIG Kahuna Said,

How can you just drink 1 Jager? But yes, that’s expensive.

8. March 9, 2011 @ 12:52 pm

Sr Frogs Boutique Said,

The Sr Frogs Boutique is looking for employees. People with initiative, dedicated to give a good service, allways a smile on their faces and willing to work under rush .It’s a simple job, selling t-shirts and other stuff. If anyone is intrested please go by Señor Frogs.

9. March 9, 2011 @ 12:57 pm

BIG Kahuna Said,

Do they have to wear balloon hats, sing and dance and have too much fun? Is there a whistle involved? If so that may narrow down your search here ;)

10. March 14, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

flipdteeth Said,

I feel the same with the whistles, and big kahuna ill give u a lot of credit cause u know exactly what frogs is all about but the first week I’ve been living here(and yeah I’m imported) I noticed that this place is all about the locals(bars,hotel,jewerly,small industries and tour workers) cause the night life is dead for frogs and I’m interested in doing a night day party for the locals, but the free tequila? Really, that’s the thing that u have to thinkS.F high pirce is because we offer a lot of stuff like free tequila, entertainment,pool and volleyball… but I know here the locals just wanna get good dancing and fair prices,so what about the MC no 1 has said anything bout him I think he’s crazy.

11. May 17, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

Clem Said,

best time on are trip, yeah prices are high, but you can’t tell me it was not worth it, we were 8 and we had an awsome time!!!!!

12. September 26, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

kss Said,

we were just there a week ago, prices didnt seem to be as bad as what everyone is posting, there were 4 of us and we had numerous beers and shots, and 3 hours later our bill was around $100. Maybe I’m thinking it wasnt very expensive because it was much cheaper to drink there than on our cruise ship :( Anyway, great time! I have a couple videos i will try to post. Oh, and yes, you probably shouldnt go there if you’re looking for peace and quiet, it’s more of a party scene.