St. Thomas Blog Is Getting Bigger

We’ve had tremendous success with the new St. Thomas┬áBlog and I’m happy to say we have over 700 sun starved visitors per day! Cruzan Rum for everyone (it’s all free tomorrow). We just expanded the blog design (hope you like the new look) so we can offer more ways to learn about St. Thomas.

We are lucky enough to have Jenn (Island Newbie) posting and we already have some great advertisers:

1. Remax

2. Craig and Sally’s

3. VI Desserts

But ultimately we want your opinions and interaction. Please comment if you have time. If there is something you want us to discuss just ask. We want this to be a great blog for St. Thomas. Don’t be shy folks. Come on in, the sun is warm in here.

1. June 23, 2008 @ 4:01 pm

Alexis Said,

Could you guys do a post on how corrupt the Government is…
    for example

I don’t think a lot of people in the states realize how backwards the STT government is and this should be brought to the table for a lot of visitors and people looking to move down there.

2. June 23, 2008 @ 6:03 pm

BIG Kahuna Said,

We have been told by many that the goverment has some bad apples. I guess every government does. Personally we have buried our head in the sand because frankly it’s a battle a “state-sider” ain’t gonna win. The West Indians control that so really not much we can do.

But we will do a better job at reporting on what’s happening politically.

I would invite the Governor to let us interview him. We are the new media source. Newspapers are dead, blogs are the new way to communicate.

When the dump blew up we were the first to report on it. Why? Because I can get a blog post up in an instant.

I challenge anyone in the government to talk openly and honestly with us. But, it will never happen.

3. June 25, 2008 @ 4:23 pm

Simon Said,

Many (most) Government is corrupt to some extent. I love St. Thomas but i live abroad. Will move back down the line. Alexis should allow the visitors to make up their mind on how a person feel about the Government and the people. The world we live in not perfect. I am more concern by some of the nasty people we deal with thanthe Government. new Governor is doing anice job as we speak. Give him a chance to fix a prob which plague the VI for decades. The VI is notperfect, but i woul move back there in aheart beat and travel to other islands for fun. I love this new BLOG spot Kahuna. I am thinking about adding the link to my web site. Nice spot!

4. June 25, 2008 @ 5:56 pm

BIG Kahuna Said,

Simon, thanks for joining the conversation. Please come back again and give us your thoughts.

5. June 25, 2008 @ 6:24 pm

Simon Said,

Hey Big guy! I added your blog to my web site and (3) of my myspaces online. RSS feed! I customize it with the new VI coin and vibrant color.
    http://www.simonenterprise.com and you can link to the 3 myspaces. Love the live camera and cool look. My brother told me about this site today. Will be a reg blogger. ~Simon

6. June 25, 2008 @ 8:29 pm

BIG Kahuna Said,

Cool, look forward to your opinions!

7. June 5, 2009 @ 12:23 pm

Sherry Said,

Has anyone stayed at the Bee Cee One condo on Dorthea Beach in St. Thomas? I found it puzzling that there is not one testimonial regarding this property. Thanks

8. June 5, 2009 @ 6:09 pm

BIG Kahuna Said,

We stayed there. Inside is okay, small kitchenette. But the condos and grounds are horribly run down. The pool is not swim-able. The owner is VERY nice and accommodating but we chose not to go back there because of the run-down condition of the property itself.

9. November 3, 2009 @ 12:11 am

lisa Said,

I have heard so much about the traffic. I am thinking it really depends on one’s perspective, so could someone please tell me, in a rush hour, how long it might really take to get from east to west, say from Red Hook, to the Univ of VI? Thirty min. wouldn’t really bother me, but 1.5 hours…yes, I’d call that traffic. thanks.

10. November 13, 2009 @ 1:11 am

Sandy Said,

What happened to the webcam at Megans Bay? I sure do miss it!!

11. January 10, 2010 @ 3:39 am

Price Houston Said,

Hey What happened to Anne Morris?

12. January 27, 2010 @ 7:09 pm

Super Dale Said,

Hey is it worth even thinking of moving from the states to one of the Islands. What troubles would I run into for my wife and myself, and is the thought sane or insane? ANyone please email me with information on moving to your side of the planet. Give me advice. Zippyquick@ec.rr.com ….Thanks

13. January 27, 2010 @ 10:08 pm

Island Girl Said,

Hey Super Dale, I don’t think it’s insane at all, but without knowing anything about your situation it’s impossible to answer. You need to think about work, lodging…will you need a car? Do you have money saved up for the move? Do you like the islands? Etc…

14. January 31, 2010 @ 9:47 am

SuperDale Said,

Hey island girl, thanks for the comments. I got wheels, but whats it cost to get them over there? Is work limited and hard to find? Or anyone else who could answer that
    thanks…Or email Zippyquick@ec.rr.com

15. March 1, 2010 @ 8:02 pm

rich Said,

I am coming to st. thomas march 22. i am selling my Oday 25 to do so. not a ton of money, but i cant wait. NO WAY i can afford to rent a boat at OMG prices. 40′?? noooo.. can somebody take me sailing for a day? or half? ill buy.. sadly for me, wife is afraid of sailing. PLEASE HELP, wont have another chance for to long.

16. May 5, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

jon Said,

hi again, have not checked in with yall in a couple months, i like many others had been seeking info on moving to the islands. I was told the economy state side had a negative impact on the islands as well, so i have delayed my move. How are things going down there?

17. May 6, 2010 @ 7:11 am

BIG Kahuna Said,

Tourism is way down this year. And last year it was down a lot as well. So it’s been slow for sure. But unemployment here is still around 8% which isn’t to bad.

18. July 14, 2010 @ 10:41 am

daddy skrew Said,

first of all this is a disgrace to all the good people of the virgin islands the killing of local people and now a young tourist girl. the goverment and the law enforcement of the virgin island reminds me of the police academy movie, only problem with it is that in the movie they still solve the crime. the virgin islands goverment and police department is so currupt and crooked its a diagrace. the senators, governor and commisioners all dont care about the islands, but they do care about stealing money and not being truthfull to people that vote them in power. i will do everything in my power to make sure no one ever visits the virgin islands..and im a born and raised virgin islander that is fed up with the crap going on

19. July 14, 2010 @ 10:45 am

Brad Said,

I guess when you are part of the United States you have to take the good with the bad. “Gang violence is a US export” Gang violence is all over this country and it seems as no one, not even the great american government is doing anything about this problem. Just take a look at Chicago and you get the point. I guess because it is minority kids who are killing each other, no one cares about that situation. I find it dishearten that only now because an innocent tourist has gotten caught up in the violence, we seems to be so outraged. What about the other murders that has taken place before??? Now that the violence may affect the business community we are speaking out about the crime situation. shame! shame!

20. July 14, 2010 @ 11:03 am

BIG Kahuna Said,

@Brad, you are so right. Nicci and I never really blogged about crime here because 90% of the time it was just bad guys killing bad guys. We try to keep the blog upbeat and positive. But things are so bad now we just can’t hide it anymore. In the future we will be posting on crime here and what is being done. We will be holding people accountable and calling them out. Come back again and see for yourself. Thanks for the comment.

21. September 30, 2010 @ 10:05 pm

Amy6 Said,

How bad is the crime now? My husbands new company is supposedly moving to the islands beginning of next year. We have four kids so reading about the crime kind of freaks me out. Any suggestions or please update me on how things are being handle and where it is safe to live.

22. December 21, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

Vicky Frahm Said,

Amy, As cited on past blogs the criman element is here like anywhere. Stay out of area’s you shouldnt be and your pretty safe.
    Alot of the crise is thug on thug.
    I have been a snow bird for 10 years and have felt pretty safe.
    As far as where to live that is safe, I would suggest Northside, Frenchmans, Mandahl..

23. January 1, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

DEBORAH MOSELEY Said,

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL

WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON ALL THE NEGATIVITY BEING SAID ABOUT THE USVI I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR GOING ON 20 YEARS HAVE NEVER BEEN A VICTIM OF CRIME ST THOMAS LIKE MANY OTHER ISLANDS IN THE CARRIBBEAN AND PLACES IN THE WORLD IN GENERAL HAVE CHANGED THE AVERAGE TRAVEL AND EVEN THOSE WITH EXTENSIVE TRAVEL KNOWLEDGE HAVE TO RESEARCH AND PAY ATTENTION TO THERE SURROUNDINGS ALWAYS . AS FAR AS THE POLITICAL ASPECT OF THINGS HOW MANY OF YOU VOTED THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE , WE DO HAVE A ISLAND PARADISE AND LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT BE INVOLVED , GET OF THE BAR STOOL AND MOST OF ALL GIVE BACK :)

24. January 2, 2011 @ 11:35 am

Chrissy Butler Said,

I recently bought a new refrigerator from Appliance Plus. I was told they had to order it which took 2 months. Even after they measured the space, the refrigerator was too big and one cannot open the freezor door more than 6 inches.I called the condo manager, and he said they were definitly a reliable co. Never heard from him again about that matter. Ask a friend to meet with Appliance Plus in the condo. They said the fridg was to big, so I asked for them to exchange it for a smaller one. Never heard from them again.
    Can anyone tell me how to open the freezer door? :)

25. October 20, 2011 @ 6:21 pm

Charles Ponter Said,

Planning on moving to St. Thomas for minimum of 6 months. If we purchase hospitalization in Kentucky – how will that work when we get to the Island?