Lindberg Bay – St. Thomas Beach

Lindberg Bay, aka Emerald Beach, is pristine. Nicci and I rate lindberg Bay a 3.5 out of 5 stars (the beach is actually located inside the airport, otherwise this would be a 4 out of 5 stars). So if you don’t mind planes taking off and landing all day it’s a super beach!

Palm trees line the shore and provide fantastic shade. The beach is not heavily populated and usually quiet and It’s a great St Thomas Beach for laying back, reading a book and limin’. The water is usually very calm; perfect for swimming, or floating around. The shoreline is great for walks on the beach.

This St. Thomas beach is home to Emerald Beach Resort and Island Beachcomber Hotel. Both have great outdoor St. Thomas beach bars for enjoying the trade winds and a frozen drink.

Several St. Thomas restaurants are available for having a nice lunch or grabbing a quick snack.  A water sports booth offers kayaks, snorkeling, diving, peddle boats & windsurfers among other fun activities.

Families with young children will enjoy the small playground located just past the end of the beach. It is common to see iguanas in the hotel gardens and along the rocky coast close to the playground.

Lingberg Bay Beach St. Thomas is inside the Cyril E. King Airport and a short drive from downtown Charlotte Amalie.

Swimming: Calm
Beachside: Soft Sand
Food/Refreshments: Yes, Hotel/Restaurant & Bar
Water Sports Center: No
Accessibility: Public Bus, Taxi, Car
Snorkeling: No

Amenities: Bathroom/Hotel, Chairs
Child Friendly: Yes

1. June 18, 2008 @ 3:20 pm

Jackie Said,

I Am HaLf Bajan.My Father is From Barbados And My Mother is From Augusta Georgia. St.Thomas Is Beautiful Just like Barbados. Jamaica is a Destroyed Island and I don’t Understand Why People Still Go There.I would Like To go to Trinidad.

2. June 25, 2008 @ 4:01 pm

Simon Said,

I was just on this beach for a shoot. I am originally from St. Thomas. There is many great spots there. I love S.Thomas outdoors.

3. August 4, 2009 @ 11:44 am

Debbie Said,

Hi Big Kahuna,

I am staying at the Best Western Emerald Beach resort and I would like some advice.

First of all, I would like to know more about this Lindberg bay dumping thing. We are going on vacation starting this Friday at the Emerald Beach resort and am wondering what the deal is. has this dumping already started and will it effect the water in which we will swim, snorkel, etc?

Secondly, we would like to stock up on some groceries like the first day we get there, with like the basic stuff: milk, cereal, water, sodas, etc. is there a grocery store near by that we can do this, and if so what is it and where is it?

lastly, what is there to do in the area of lindberg bay? and what is the best way to get around?

I would appreciate your help on this so much!

Debbie

4. December 28, 2009 @ 7:11 pm

alice bradley Said,

during my cruise we spent a day on this beach,15th dec 2009 and had a fantastic day swimming,sandy beach and great food in the beach bar.

5. January 18, 2010 @ 4:51 pm

Sue Said,

Just back from the Virgin Islands.. stayed two nights at Island Beachcomber on Lindbergh Beach. This was our fourth stay on the beach prior to our week long cruise. The beach is as great as ever. Island Beachcomber is a great deal financially, cheap rates, as long as you don’t mind a low end hotel. Emerald Isle has a great restaurant with excellent food right there ont he beach too. Service at Island Beachcomber restaurant was markedly forgetful, it was almost comedic.

6. June 9, 2010 @ 9:39 pm

St John USVI Said,

Loved this beach. The sand was way softer than any I experience in Key West. A+

7. January 21, 2012 @ 8:20 am

WetFeetTheNovel Said,

We agree! From the first time we stumbled into Emerald Beach and found the cozy bar, we knew it had been under rated. What a great spot. Don’t miss it while on STT.

8. October 22, 2013 @ 11:32 am

judy Said,

how is Lindbergh beach.is there cocktail bar there for drinks
    How far from crown bay dock